Sofas and Loveseats
Couches, chaise lounges & lounge chairs
5 Questions to Ask When Buying a New Sofa
Okay, so you need a new sofa. That seems like a pretty straightforward desire. You think to yourself, “I’ll just go to Furnitureland South, find a sofa I like and have delivered to my home.” This sounds like a wonderful idea, but before you settle for a sofa or loveseat that looks just like the one you had before, consider all of the many possibilities that you have at the world’s largest furniture store and consider talking through your options with your Design Consultant.
Before you set out on a quest to find the perfect couch for your family, here are just a few questions to ask yourself about the needs of your home and your new sofa.
- How many people do you need to sit in your living room? Do they all need to sit on the sofa? If so, consider a sofa sectional. If not, consider a sofa set that includes a couple of accent chairs.
- Who will be using this new couch? Do you have children? Will you allow your pets to sit on the sofa set or chaise lounge? Consider a sofa with a performance fabric or a leather upholstery that will withstand the daily wear and tear of your home.
- How formal or casual do you want your living room to be? It may be helpful to bring photos of your current living room and the living room you aspire to so that your Design Consultant can help you define a style that works for you. And don’t let certain terminology scare you away if it sounds too fancy or relaxed. Trust us, not every chaise lounge is as extravagant as it sounds.
- Will your sofa ever need to double as extra sleeper space? If your house is the go-to place for sleepovers or large family gatherings, you may be considering adding a sleeper sofa to your living room arrangement. There’s great news! Sleeper sofas are becoming more fashionable and comfortable as time goes on.
- Do you need to consider accessibility? A perfectly comfortable couch or sofa set for a college student may not meet the needs of all of your guests. Think about the seat height, depth and back of any couch you consider. Will it be easy for your guests to stand after relaxing on your sofa?
As the world's largest furniture store, we carry over 1,000 brands that offer a huge selection of sofas and loveseats for your home. We carry all kinds of sofas and loveseats - from everyday styles to the best of the best, luxury designs. That means you're sure to find the sofas and loveseats you love! Want to begin your sofas and loveseats shopping online? Create a digital wish list for your dream home at Furnitureland South!