Furnitureland South $25,000 Home Makeover Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGING NECESSARY.
PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGING DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING.
STANDARD MESSAGING RATES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY.
MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE FROM ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS OR FOR ALL HANDSETS.
CHECK WITH YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER FOR DETAILS.
VOID IN NEW YORK, FLORIDA, RHODE ISLAND, HAWAII, ALASKA GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The Furnitureland South $25,000 Home Makeover Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to persons who are permanent legal residents of the participating forty-five (45) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are physically located therein (excluding the states of New York, Florida, Rhode Island, Hawaii and Alaska, as well as void in Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in his/her state of residence. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees and agents of Furnitureland South, Inc., (“Sponsor”), their advertising and promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development and handling of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective agents, directors, officers, prize suppliers, service providers, consultants, manufacturers, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses, domestic partners) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. In addition, if a prospective entrant opts to enter the Sweepstakes via text message (defined below), he/she must have a mobile service account on an SMS text capable mobile telephone prior to his/her date of entry with any of the following mobile service carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, and Alltel, Boost Mobile, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket Wireless, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), MetroPCS, Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless), CellCom and CellSouth.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, by standard text message or online during the entry period starting on April 6, 2017 12:01 a.m., Eastern Time (“ET”)] and ending on December 29, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes and all times (as hereinafter defined) refer to ET.
- To enter the Sweepstakes via Text Message: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, prospective entrants can text message the key word “Design” to the short code 31996. Once the Sponsor receives the “Text Message”, each participant will receive a reply text message from the Sponsor requesting that the participant confirm he/she is eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in his/her state of residence and that he she does not reside in NY, FL, RI, HI, or AK by texting “YES” to 31996. Once the age and geographic verification is confirmed (“Text Entry Information”), the entrant will receive a reply text confirmation and one (1) text entry into the Sweepstakes (“Text Entry”). Standard text message & data rates may apply to the Text Message Entry and all other text messages sent and received in connection with the Sweepstakes. The ability to participate via text message is not available on all mobile devices and only the carriers/service providers listed in section 1 are participating in the Sweepstakes. Do not text while driving. Only after completing the entry process will a participant receive one (1) Text Entry. If a participant wants to cancel, he/she can send STOP to 31996, and for help, he/she can send HELP to 31996.
- To enter the Sweepstakes online without sending a Text Message: Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by accessing and registering at the Sweepstakes website located at www.Furniturelandsouth.com (“Website”) with his/her email address, age verification, and the following entry information: first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, age, and daytime telephone number (“Online Entry Information”). Once the required Online Entry Information has been successfully submitted, each entrant will receive one (1) online entry into the Sweepstakes (“Online Entry”).
All required Text or Online Entry Information must be completed in full and must be accurate, current, true and valid. The Text or Online Entry Information must match the information of the entrant who completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. Text Entries and Online Entries must be received by December 29, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. ET. Limit one (1) Text Entry and one (1) Online Entry per email address/mobile phone/per person during the Sweepstakes Entry Period (collectively, “Entries”) for a maximum of up to two (2) Entries. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, mobile phones, identities, registrations, or any other methods, including but not limited to commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Once an email address or mobile phone number has been entered by an entrant, that email address or mobile phone number cannot be used by any other person in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Proof of delivery or receipt of an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of Entry. Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void. THE WEBSITE MAY NOT BE ACCESSIBLE FROM ALL MOBILE PHONES, HANDHELD DEVICES, AND/OR TABLETS. IF AN ENTRANT EXPERIENCES ANY ISSUES ENTERING, HE/SHE SHOULD ACCESS THE WEBSITE AND ENTER FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER.
- Prize/Odds of Winning: One (1) Prize will be awarded: The winner will receive a twenty-five thousand dollar ($25,000) Furnitureland Gift Card and be awarded up to ten (10) hours of Furnitureland South’s complimentary consultation service with a Furnitureland South Design Consultant (“Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $25,000.00. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The Gift Card is redeemable at www.Furniturelandsouth.com and/or its retail store located in Jamestown, NC. The terms and conditions of the Furnitureland Gift Card are available at www.Furniturelandsouth.com. The Prize cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and is subject to stated terms and conditions. Purchases may be deducted from the Gift Card until the balance reaches zero. No transfer or substitution of the Prize (or prize component), except that Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value due to Prize (or prize component) unavailability for any reason. Gift Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen and the Sponsor will not be responsible for any unauthorized transactions on the Gift Card. Gift Card may also be used to pay for shipping, delivery, assembly and/or installation costs. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of the Prize not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are the winner’s sole responsibility including but not limited to any overages of the amount issued on the Gift Card. Prize and prize notifications will be mailed/shipped only to street addresses in the participating forty-five (45) states of the United States and D.C., (excluding the states of New York, Florida, Rhode Island, Hawaii and Alaska). The Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV of the prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. Any depiction of the Prize (or prize component) in Sweepstakes materials (or otherwise) are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes, sales taxes) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or award of the Prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner (if applicable). Final eligibility for the award of the Prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth in these Official Rules.
- Drawing and Notification of the Winner: The Sponsor will randomly select the potential winner from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period in a drawing to be held on or about January 3, 2018 (“Drawing Date”). The potential winner will be initially notified by telephone or by email address from the information provided on his/her Entry on or about the Drawing Date. If the potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted within a five (5) business-day period, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or if his/her Prize notification documents or requirements are incomplete, or returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by methods other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, bot or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, dropped, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and such Entries will be disqualified. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By registering or submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees and releases Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agencies, officers, directors, and employees or any other company or person(s) providing the Prize from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to the Prize awarded and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (including without limitation any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death); human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; Website incompatibility with mobile, hand-held or tablet devices; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the Prize awarded herein; fraudulent (including unauthorized) Gift Card uses made with lost, stolen or misappropriated Gift Card(s) or balances, incomplete (including inaccurate) Gift Card database information and canceled Gift Card uses; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, mobile phone, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Website, the Entry process, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person’s) computer (or mobile device) and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, or elements of the Sweepstakes even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (i) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any entity (or any of its agents, servants, employees, prize suppliers or independent contractors); (ii) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor; or (iii) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in North Carolina, before a single arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor and the entrant or entrants bringing forth the controversy or claim (collectively, the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Each entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event will entrants be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Rules/Winner Information: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Winner’s Information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Furnitureland South, Inc., Attn: Makeover Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winner Information” (specify which), 5635 Riverdale Drive, Jamestown, NC 27282. Winner’s Information available after January 3, 2018. All requests must be received by February 28, 2018.
- Sponsor: Furnitureland South, Inc., 5635 Riverdale Drive, Jamestown, NC 27282.Official Rules ©2017 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for participants’ personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.