Sales and Design Consultant
Location: Jamestown, NC
Job Type: Full-Time
Do you love furniture and interior design? Would you call yourself both a self-starter and a team player? Are you up for a challenge in a high-energy, high-reward sales environment?
Furnitureland South, the World’s Largest Furniture Store, is seeking team-oriented professionals with boundless enthusiasm, a sense of style and an eye for design to join their sales team.
Sales & Design Consultant includes engaging with shoppers and customers, diagnosing their design and home furnishings needs, creating and proposing solutions, presenting product options, answering questions, closing sales, entering data, and accomplishing post-sale follow-up. The Design Consultant is required to attend sales meetings and training to acquire sales skills and product knowledge including construction, function, and pricing; to stay apprised of available furniture lines, and design trends; and to correspond with Clients until every reasonable opportunity to make a sale has been utilized; cultivate favorable Client relationships; and meets all performance and sales requirements stated in the Commission Guidelines.
At Furnitureland South, you will:
Join a world-class team working with an international, national, regional and local clientele. Receive top-tier training along with ongoing education to make you an expert in the furniture industry. Make an impact in others’ lives and furnish the most beautiful homes around the world
Our hours are unlike any other retailer! Closed on Sundays – enjoy your day off with family and rest. Work only ONE Friday night a month! Saturdays provide unlimited lead opportunities — best day of the week! Most Holidays are considered floating, and you may take them off at a different date.
- Personally greeting Clients in a warm and welcoming way at various information desks throughout the campus store. Interacting with Clients via the telephone, via chat, email, through networking and external marketing functions or meetings.
- Discovering Client’s needs, creating design plans and layouts for the relevant area(s) of their home or office with efficient use of space, and decorating the relevant area in their home or office, mapping out space to determine furniture location and overall room layout with efficient use of space in tasteful combinations of colors, fabric, furniture, and accessories.
- Answering Clients’ specific questions pertaining to product and placement. Listening and determining Clients’ budget, style and taste. Effectively directing Client to equivalent manufacturing lines when seeking brand names not currently available for Furnitureland South.
- Developing a business plan for building Client base which includes networking and using social media such as Facebook LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Developing new product knowledge and sales skills to maintain current professional standards.
- Closing sales, assuring payment of required deposits, entering sales orders with accurate information.
- Participating in sales-related events and programs to facilitate achievement of company goals.
- Being physically present at the on-campus store during regular business hours, remaining actively on and responsive to Guest List unless or until working with a Client.
- Establishing familiarity with location and resources in all galleries.
- Compliance with Commission Guidelines.
Sales/Design Consultants enjoy a competitive base salary, commission program, an employee furniture discount, uncapped earnings potential and a generous benefits package, including medical/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), life insurance and an optional Health Savings Account plan.
Furnitureland South is a dynamic company, retailing high-quality furniture at exceptional values, providing excellent customer service and community support. We showcase over 1,500 famous brands of furniture, lighting, rugs, mattresses, accessories and more.